Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Figure Drawings!


So I've been slacking on figure drawing lately and when I did it last night it definitely shows. I did a 3 hour session at a gallery in the city and it was soooo refreshing. I want to do it at least once a week (maybe twice) depending on how much cash I have.

At first I used my usual techniques for going for proportions and correct shadowing but after a great conversation with another artist there I worked on blind contour lines and emphasizing only certain parts of the form. I'm going out to buy some figure drawing books so I can improve as quickly as possible.

2 comments:

  1. Anthony ryders's figure drawing and burne hogarth's dynamic figure drawing. Its all you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, this one dude and I last night were talking about hogarth's style. I can't believe I haven't picked up his book until now!

    ReplyDelete