Friday, April 17, 2009

Logo Design Walkthrough


So I've finalized the logo with Black Horse Group. Took a few alterations but it all went through rather quickly. What I'm showing is the concepts that I showed them first, and then the following updates that lead into the final logo design. It all really happened within a few hours because as soon as I would send out an update they would call me with changes.

The process itself was also pretty straight forward. I based a few of the logos off of what the already had (just a black rearing horse) and then kept going. I probably did too many concepts at the beginning (really 3 good ones are enough) but they appreciated all the options. Since the final is basically a copy/paste of 3 different logos its a good thing I submitted so many. What's exciting (for me anyways) is that the final is going to be put on all their hardhats, trucks, signs, and advertising. I'm hoping I left a good enough impression that they'll come back for any other design work.

Also the price for a logo like this is a few hundred. Since its going on so many things though you could easily charge over a thousand.

No comments:

Post a Comment